“The WE Gear” made the list! Read the full article HERE.
Lance Loya is the founder and CEO of The Good Teammate Factory. As a leading authority on the good teammate mindset, he specializes in getting individuals to shift into the We Gear and change their focus from me to we!
A college basketball coach turned author, blogger, and professional speaker, he is known for his enthusiastic personality and his passion for transforming teambusters into teammates.
Lance believes everybody is part of a team in some capacity, and every affliction facing our society comes down to people not being good teammates. He has inspired readers and audiences around the globe with this impactful message through his books, keynotes, and seminars.
How do teammates shift into the We Gear?
- Acknowledge the existence of the Me Gear where everything is about you and for your own personal benefit.
- Recognize the significance of Clutch moments before you shift gears and act on impulses.
- Consider the ripple effect that your choices will have on your teammates prior to making decisions.
- Understand the power of We and the idea that We is greater than Me.
- Prioritize the various teams to which you belong, so you have the clarity to identify your true purpose.
What does it mean to be a teammate who’s A.L.I.V.E.?
- Active—Be a person of action and have the courage to confront sources of toxicity.
- Loyal—Stay away from cliques and honor your commitment to the team.
- Invested—Build bonds by taking a genuine interest in what inspires the other members on your team.
- Viral—Understand emotional contagion and master your body language so your energy spreads through the team.
- Empathetic—Make an effort to understand the intent of the action and what it feels like to be your teammate.
Learn From A Course
Learn how to develop a team-first mindset. This interactive online course is designed to help teams gain greater insight into the art of being a good teammate. It is an ideal way to improve teamwork, reduce selfishness, and draw team members closer to together.
Read the Latest Blogs
I overheard a conversation the other day that made me think about an issue that plagues underperforming teams yet is irrelevant to teams with of...
Perception is everything. Or is it? You can dress in nice clothes, style your hair, wear fancy jewelry, or drive a sports car. But if your bank...
Yogi Berra was one of baseball’s most memorable characters. The Hall of Fame catcher was a three-time MVP, won ten World Series rings as a player,...
A video periodically surfaces on social media of a little league baseball coach heading to the pitching mound to talk to his player, who has...
Florida is blessed with lots of interesting birds, many of which I had never encountered before I moved to the Sunshine state. The Sandhill Crane...
A few months after Be a Good Teammate was published, I found myself standing at the end of my driveway waiting on the school bus to pick my...
Subscribe to my mailing list* All fields required