“The WE Gear” made the list! Read the full article HERE.
Lance Loya is the founder and CEO of The Good Teammate Factory. As a leading authority on team dynamics, he specializes in getting individuals to shift into the We Gear and change their focus from me to we. Other experts concentrate on improving teamwork, but Lance concentrates on improving the teammate. Lance’s method works!
A college basketball coach turned best-selling author, blogger, podcaster, and professional speaker, he is known for his enthusiastic personality and his passion for transforming teambusters into teammates.
Lance has authored eight books on the subject of being a good teammate. His books, keynotes, and seminars have inspired readers and audiences around the globe.
How do teammates shift into the We Gear?
- Acknowledge the existence of the Me Gear where everything is about you and for your own personal benefit.
- Recognize the significance of Clutch moments before you shift gears and act on impulses.
- Consider the ripple effect that your choices will have on your teammates prior to making decisions.
- Understand the power of We and the idea that We is greater than Me.
- Prioritize the various teams to which you belong, so you have the clarity to identify your true purpose.
What does it mean to be a teammate who’s A.L.I.V.E.?
- Active—Be a person of action and have the courage to confront sources of toxicity.
- Loyal—Stay away from cliques and honor your commitment to the team.
- Invested—Build bonds by taking a genuine interest in what inspires the other members on your team.
- Viral—Understand emotional contagion and master your body language so your energy spreads through the team.
- Empathetic—Make an effort to understand the intent of the action and what it feels like to be your teammate.
Learn From A Course
Learn how to develop a team-first mindset. This interactive online course is designed to help teams gain greater insight into the art of being a good teammate. It is an ideal way to improve teamwork, reduce selfishness, and draw team members closer to together.
*Limited time offer, use coupon code GTFCAMP to take an additional 50% off the current price!
Download FREE motivational posters. These posters contain messages that encourage good teammate behaviors. Post them in offices, locker rooms, classrooms, or any place where teams meet. They are great for creating a team-first culture and facilitating success!
The Good Teammate Podcast
Prefer to listen instead of read? Explore the art of being a good teammate in these audio selections from Lance Loya’s popular Teammate Tuesday blog. You can also download past episodes and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Google Podcasts.
Read the Latest Blogs
I was waiting in line the other day at Starbucks when a barista called out the name “Frank.” A large, burly man with a bushy beard approached the...
When I am working with a team, I will sometimes ask the members, “Is so-and-so (an individual on that team) a good teammate?” The response is...
Several noteworthy events occurred on this date in history: Richard “The Lionheart” was crowned King of England (1186) as was Richard III (1483),...
This year, Father’s Day fell on my wife’s birthday. We wanted to celebrate the occasions jointly by doing something out of the ordinary, like...
Anyone who is part of a team experiences an “off-season”—a lull in activity, a break from the monotony, a calm before the next storm. For sports...
Nature is a marvelous teacher. So many great lessons about teamwork can be learned by observing wildlife interactions. I recently witnessed an...
Subscribe to my mailing list* All fields required