“The WE Gear” made the list! Read the full article HERE.
Lance Loya is the founder and CEO of The Good Teammate Factory and the creator of National Be a Good Teammate Day. As a leading authority on team dynamics, he specializes in getting individuals to shift into the We Gear and change their focus from me to we. Other experts concentrate on improving teamwork, but Lance concentrates on improving the teammate. Lance’s method works!
A college basketball coach turned best-selling author, blogger, podcaster, and professional speaker, he is known for his enthusiastic personality and his passion for transforming teambusters into teammates.
Lance has authored nine books on the subject of being a good teammate. His books, keynotes, and seminars have inspired readers and audiences around the globe.
How do teammates shift into the We Gear?
- Acknowledge the existence of the Me Gear where everything is about you and for your own personal benefit.
- Recognize the significance of Clutch moments before you shift gears and act on impulses.
- Consider the ripple effect that your choices will have on your teammates prior to making decisions.
- Understand the power of We and the idea that We is greater than Me.
- Prioritize the various teams to which you belong, so you have the clarity to identify your true purpose.
What does it mean to be a teammate who’s A.L.I.V.E.?
- Active—Be a person of action and have the courage to confront sources of toxicity.
- Loyal—Stay away from cliques and honor your commitment to the team.
- Invested—Build bonds by taking a genuine interest in what inspires the other members on your team.
- Viral—Understand emotional contagion and master your body language so your energy spreads through the team.
- Empathetic—Make an effort to understand the intent of the action and what it feels like to be your teammate.
Good teammates make being part of the team worthwhile! That’s why on July 22, National Be a Good Teammate Day recognizes the sacrifices, kindness, and generosity of these selfless individuals. LEARN MORE
Are you a good teammate? Your team’s potential for achieving success is ultimately dependent upon your answer to this question. Take this FREE quiz to assess what kind of teammate you are. The results can be more revealing than you realize!
Learn From A Course
Learn how to develop a team-first mindset. This interactive online course is designed to help teams gain greater insight into the art of being a good teammate. It is an ideal way to improve teamwork, reduce selfishness, and draw team members closer to together.
The Good Teammate Podcast
SEASON 6 NOW AVAILABLE!
Prefer to listen instead of read? Explore the art of being a good teammate in these audio selections from Lance Loya’s popular Teammate Tuesday blog. You can also download past episodes and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Google Podcasts.
Read the Latest Blogs
Ever come across a new word and then seem to notice it everywhere over the next few days? Psychologists refer to this occurrence as the...
Happy Valentine’s Day Eve! According to the National Retail Foundation, Americans spent nearly $26 billion on Valentine's Day gifts last year. That...
A few days ago, I met a friend for lunch. While we were waiting on our order, my friend expressed frustration with the pastor at his church. When I...
Miguel de Cervantes' Don Quixote, a book many consider to be the first modern novel and one of the greatest literary works of all time, was...
The turning of the calendar brings with it the obligatory adoption of resolutions, goals, and guiding-word themes. Everybody approaches the new year...
A while back, I started sharing a list on social media of the books I'd read over the past year. This gesture came in response to how often people...
Subscribe to my mailing list* All fields required