“The WE Gear” made the list! Read the full article HERE.
Lance Loya is the founder and CEO of The Good Teammate Factory and the creator of National Be a Good Teammate Day. As a leading authority on team dynamics, he specializes in getting individuals to shift into the We Gear and change their focus from me to we. Other experts concentrate on improving teamwork, but Lance concentrates on improving the teammate. Lance’s method works!
A college basketball coach turned best-selling author, blogger, podcaster, and professional speaker, he is known for his enthusiastic personality and his passion for transforming teambusters into teammates.
Lance has authored nine books on the subject of being a good teammate. His books, keynotes, and seminars have inspired readers and audiences around the globe.
How do teammates shift into the We Gear?
- Acknowledge the existence of the Me Gear where everything is about you and for your own personal benefit.
- Recognize the significance of Clutch moments before you shift gears and act on impulses.
- Consider the ripple effect that your choices will have on your teammates prior to making decisions.
- Understand the power of We and the idea that We is greater than Me.
- Prioritize the various teams to which you belong, so you have the clarity to identify your true purpose.
What does it mean to be a teammate who’s A.L.I.V.E.?
- Active—Be a person of action and have the courage to confront sources of toxicity.
- Loyal—Stay away from cliques and honor your commitment to the team.
- Invested—Build bonds by taking a genuine interest in what inspires the other members on your team.
- Viral—Understand emotional contagion and master your body language so your energy spreads through the team.
- Empathetic—Make an effort to understand the intent of the action and what it feels like to be your teammate.
It’s that time of year again! Kids in grades K-2 can enter Lance’s annual Holiday Coloring Contest to win free prizes like t-shirts, books, and swag bags. LEARN MORE
Good teammates make being part of the team worthwhile! That’s why on July 22, National Be a Good Teammate Day recognizes the sacrifices, kindness, and generosity of these selfless individuals. LEARN MORE
Are you a good teammate? Your team’s potential for achieving success is ultimately dependent upon your answer to this question. Take this FREE quiz to assess what kind of teammate you are. The results can be more revealing than you realize!
Learn From A Course
Learn how to develop a team-first mindset. This interactive online course is designed to help teams gain greater insight into the art of being a good teammate. It is an ideal way to improve teamwork, reduce selfishness, and draw team members closer to together.
The Good Teammate Podcast
SEASON 6 NOW AVAILABLE!
Prefer to listen instead of read? Explore the art of being a good teammate in these audio selections from Lance Loya’s popular Teammate Tuesday blog. You can also download past episodes and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Google Podcasts.
Read the Latest Blogs
Scottish essayist Thomas Carlyle was born this week in 1795. Don’t know who he is? I didn’t either. I had to look him up, despite him being credited...
If you’re a regular Teammate Tuesdays reader, you know that my foray into the art of being a good teammate began with the publication of my...
According to the TSA, the Tuesday before Thanksgiving through the Sunday after Thanksgiving is the busiest travel period of the year in the United...
During a Q&A session at the end of an event I spoke at last week, a member of the audience prefaced her question to me by describing her...
I’m a pretty simple person. I don’t indulge in many luxuries. I’m not big into fashion. I don’t wear a lot of jewelry. I don’t partake in a lot of...
On this week in 1908, Henry Ford’s Model T—the so called “universal car” designed for the masses and produced en masse—went on sale for the first...
Subscribe to my mailing list* All fields required