“The WE Gear” made the list! Read the full article HERE.
Lance Loya is the founder and CEO of The Good Teammate Factory. As a leading authority on the good teammate mindset, he specializes in getting individuals to shift into the We Gear and change their focus from me to we!
A college basketball coach turned author, blogger, and professional speaker, he is known for his enthusiastic personality and his passion for transforming teambusters into teammates.
Lance believes everybody is part of a team in some capacity, and every affliction facing our society comes down to people not being good teammates. He has inspired readers and audiences around the globe with this impactful message through his books, keynotes, and seminars.
How do teammates shift into the We Gear?
- Acknowledge the existence of the Me Gear where everything is about you and for your own personal benefit.
- Recognize the significance of Clutch moments before you shift gears and act on impulses.
- Consider the ripple effect that your choices will have on your teammates prior to making decisions.
- Understand the power of We and the idea that We is greater than Me.
- Prioritize the various teams to which you belong, so you have the clarity to identify your true purpose.
What does it mean to be a teammate who’s A.L.I.V.E.?
- Active—Be a person of action and have the courage to confront sources of toxicity.
- Loyal—Stay away from cliques and honor your commitment to the team.
- Invested—Build bonds by taking a genuine interest in what inspires the other members on your team.
- Viral—Understand emotional contagion and master your body language so your energy spreads through the team.
- Empathetic—Make an effort to understand the intent of the action and what it feels like to be your teammate.
Learn From A Course
Learn how to develop a team-first mindset. This interactive online course is designed to help teams gain greater insight into the art of being a good teammate. It is an ideal way to improve teamwork, reduce selfishness, and draw team members closer to together.
Read the Latest Blogs
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, bar none. Some of my fondest memories come from celebrating Thanksgiving at my grandmother’s house. The holiday...
In September, we launched a new Good Teammate Assessment Quiz on our website. Over the last two and half months, tens of thousands of people from 50...
Even though my blog is about teammates and teamwork, I don’t usually include content about specific sports teams or current sporting events. I try...
I love the beauty of fall foliage. Mother Nature always seems to pick the perfect combination of colors. She chooses just the right amount of reds,...
Is your team haunted by ghost teammates? Halloween is the perfect occasion to discuss the menacing nature of ghost teammates—team members who...
Fifty-one years ago last week, Oscar the Grouch made his debut on Sesame Street. To commemorate the event, October 15 is now recognized as National...
Subscribe to my mailing list* All fields required