“The WE Gear” made the list! Read the full article HERE.
Lance Loya is the founder and CEO of The Good Teammate Factory. As a leading authority on the good teammate mindset, he specializes in getting individuals to shift into the We Gear and change their focus from me to we!
A college basketball coach turned author, blogger, and professional speaker, he is known for his enthusiastic personality and his passion for transforming teambusters into teammates.
Lance believes everybody is part of a team in some capacity, and every affliction facing our society comes down to people not being good teammates. He has inspired readers and audiences around the globe with this impactful message through his books, keynotes, and seminars.
How do teammates shift into the We Gear?
- Acknowledge the existence of the Me Gear where everything is about you and for your own personal benefit.
- Recognize the significance of Clutch moments before you shift gears and act on impulses.
- Consider the ripple effect that your choices will have on your teammates prior to making decisions.
- Understand the power of We and the idea that We is greater than Me.
- Prioritize the various teams to which you belong, so you have the clarity to identify your true purpose.
What does it mean to be a teammate who’s A.L.I.V.E.?
- Active—Be a person of action and have the courage to confront sources of toxicity.
- Loyal—Stay away from cliques and honor your commitment to the team.
- Invested—Build bonds by taking a genuine interest in what inspires the other members on your team.
- Viral—Understand emotional contagion and master your body language so your energy spreads through the team.
- Empathetic—Make an effort to understand the intent of the action and what it feels like to be your teammate.
Learn From A Course
Learn how to develop a team-first mindset. This interactive online course is designed to help teams gain greater insight into the art of being a good teammate. It is an ideal way to improve teamwork, reduce selfishness, and draw team members closer to together.
Download FREE motivational posters. These posters contain messages that encourage good teammate behaviors. Post them in offices, locker rooms, classrooms, or any place where teams meet. They are great for creating a team-first culture and facilitating success!
Read the Latest Blogs
A red flag goes up whenever I walk into an office and see a sign hanging on the wall that reads: Your problem does not equate to my emergency. This...
(*If you read any of my blogs the whole way to the end, let this be the one. I promise it will be worth it. Hint: a celebration giveaway is...
Shop class used to be a staple in high school curriculums. Students learned how to use tools and build projects with their hands. For some, the...
A degree of mystery surrounds the origins of Valentine’s Day. Historians can’t agree on how or when the holiday began, or even who its namesake is....
Does any holiday possess a stranger premise than Groundhog Day? Celebrants gather in the cold, pre-dawn hours to watch a weather-prognosticating...
Every subculture has a collection of epigrams—colorful, pithy expressions that are too informal to be considered jargon, yet too common to be...
Subscribe to my mailing list* All fields required