Do you have an Elf on the Shelf in your home? They bring joy to millions of families (teams!) every year. Here are ten reasons why the Elf on the Shelf is a good teammate:
1. They help us hold ourselves accountable. We think twice before we act because we know our elves are always watching.
2. They are egoless. Our elves happily accept whatever name we give them. They are more concerned with doing their job than their title.
3. They show up when they are most needed. The holidays can be stressful, and our elves always seem to appear in our homes at just the right time.
4, They take their role seriously. Our elves never move, speak, or abandon their post in the presence of children—exactly the way the Santa instructed.
5. They recognize, share, and praise others’ good teammate moves. Our elves report our positive actions back to Santa without resentment or jealousy.
6. They are faithful. Our elves remain diligent throughout the day and they return ever morning like clockwork. We can always count on them.
7. They inspire creativity on their team. We never know where our elves will pop up or in what antics we’ll discover them to have been involved.
8. They provide levity. Occasionally, the team needs a little comic relief to reduce the tension. Our elves’ shenanigans provide us with well-timed laughs.
9. They practice self-awareness. Our elves never overstay their welcome. When the Christmas season ends, they know their job is done. They return home to the North Pole without incident or fanfare.
10. They connect the team. Our elves are a bonding experience. Their presence provides us with cherished memories.
From our team to yours, Merry Christmas!
As always…Good teammates care. Good teammates share. Good teammates listen. Go be a good teammate.